Chris Irvin, The Ketologist and Education Manager at Perfect Keto, and I are excited to bring you another Q&A episode — the eighth one to date.
We get a lot of questions from our listeners and community and we’ve decided to sit down and answer a few more to give you our take plus the inside scoop.
This time, we’re diving into supplements like melatonin, CBD, creatine, and immunity boosting options.
So Chris and I will get into whether or not you should supplement with melatonin, CBD, or creatine, and if there’s any supplements you can take to keep yourself protected against Covid.
We’re also chatting about a topic that raises a lot of eyebrows — whether or not you need to lather on sunscreen.
You may be surprised to learn that you don’t need to, which we’ll explain more about why that is, but that there are some precautions you should still take, especially if you eventually plan to spend a week on a beach (post-Covid of course).
On top of diving into these supplements and sunscreen, we’ll also share our favorite tips for how to improve your sleep, why you should tackle these other health items first and before supplementing, and our top three supplements we take.Treat your body right, then start supplementing. Click To Tweet
If this is your first Q&A with Chris and I, welcome!
This style of podcast is a little different than most on here in that we’re not interviewing an expert and picking their brain. Instead, we take a few of the top questions from our listeners and do a deep dive into our answers and why we believe a certain way.
We also share tips for what you can do to see if it’s worth trying (or avoiding) personally.
And if this is your first time listening to this podcast altogether, let me personally welcome you and introduce myself. I’m Dr. Anthony Gustin, a board-certified chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner who started both Perfect Keto and Equip Foods.
As you’ll learn in this episode, it’s my belief that our artificial habitats have forced us into having artificial health problems and this show is my attempt to dive deep into topics like nutrition, sleep, movement, relationships and more so that you can reclaim your natural state of health.
So when you tune in, I’ll show you how to thrive in an environment that’s stacked against you.
And that’s exactly what you’ll find in this episode where Chris and I chat about the following topics and so much more:
- Should you supplement with melatonin if you have trouble sleeping?
- What is melatonin and what does it do?
- Two things you can do for better sleep that don’t involve melatonin
- When it’s a good idea to supplement with melatonin
- What are your thoughts on creatine?
- What does creatine do?
- Do you need to supplement with creatine if you eat animal protein?
- The best situations to supplement with creatine
- What are the benefits of taking CBD?
- When should you take CBD?
- How much CBD do you need to take to feel its effects?
- Should you take CBD before bed?
- Are REM sleep and deep sleep improved when taking CBD?
- The best CBD to take
- Should you combine CBD with THC?
- How should cannabis users supplement with CBD?
- How much sun time should you get to ensure you’re getting enough vitamin D?
- What supplements help with improving vitamin D levels?
- Dispelling the myth that sun exposure is dangerous
- What to do if you really need sunscreen
- How to get your skin to tolerate the sun safely (and what not to do)
- Are there natural immunity boosting supplements like elderberry, vitamin C, or something else to help keep you protected from Covid?
- How can you tell if a supplement is high-quality?
- The three supplements Dr. Gustin and Chris Irvin use daily
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s website
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Oura ring
- Ned Full-Spectrum CBD oil, plus a discount code
- BLUBlox blue light glasses, plus a discount code
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 103: Dr. Cate Shanahan – Why Vegetable Oils are at the Root of Serious Health Conditions
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 099: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #7) – Carb Cycling, Best Carb Sources, and When to Consider Adding More Carbs In
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 069: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #6) – Keto Rash, Common Fasting Mistakes, CrossFit and Keto, and What to Do if You Have Trouble Digesting Fats
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 067: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #5) – Camping on Keto, Low-Carb Snacks That Won’t Raise Blood Sugar, Exercise and Blood Sugar, and Why You Should Track Your Blood Sugar
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 062: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Daily Routines, Improving Mental Health, Exogenous Ketones and Stomach Upsets, Fiber Intake, and What I Wish I Knew Sooner
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 040: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #3) – Keto Hair Loss, Carnivore Vs Keto, And What Happens When You Go Off Keto While Traveling
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 039: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #2) – Exogenous Ketones, MCT Oil & Fat Burning, Drinking On Keto, and Making Organ Meat Taste Delicious
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 034: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #1) – Food Additives in Health Foods, My Go-To Supplements, and Why Ketone Levels Are Overrated