Electrolytes are probably the number one thing most people are struggling with (on keto). Click To Tweet
Have you ever wondered what my morning and evening routines look like?
Or how I power down each night?
Maybe you’re curious to learn how I juggle running a business and working out with staying in ketosis.
If questions like these have ever come up, today’s podcast episode is for you.
I’m Dr. Anthony Gustin, the founder of Perfect Keto, and in this episode, I sit down to answer more of your top keto questions.
But this Q&A is a little different than the last three I’ve done.
For the first half of the episode, I’ll share a peek into what a typical day looks like for me, including what I eat, and how I workout.
I’ll also talk about how long I’ve been following a keto diet, what I wish I knew sooner, and the difference between a DC and MD.
From there, Chris Irvin, our Head of Education and The Ketologist, and I dive into improving mental health and the truth about fiber.
If you’re out there following a lot of people whose lives look super glamorous, you forget about your life in the present, which leads to a lot of mental dis-ease. Click To Tweet
We also tackle whether or not we’d follow carnivore again and why exogenous ketones give some people stomach upsets.
As a special treat for tuning in, you’ll also get a sneak peek into the latest Perfect Keto products that are already in the pipeline.
And if that wasn’t enough, you’ll even discover the one celebrity I’d punch in the face.
For any readers wondering more about me, I’m a board-certified chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner, on top of founding Perfect Keto.
Since shifting out of my clinical practice, I’ve made it my mission to help as many people as possible achieve optimal health and well-being.
I do this through educational pieces — such as this podcast — and by creating high-quality, clean, keto-friendly products to make living low-carb easier and tastier.
Another thing you’ll learn about me in this episode is that I use social media intentionally and with purpose.
So while I share my knowledge to over 115k followers, I make sure my social media use doesn’t consume me or create negative energy.
I’ll show you how that’s possible in this episode.
Here’s everything else you’ll learn about today:
- My morning routine, including whether or not I check my email first thing
- What my training schedule looks like, the type of exercises I do, and whether or not I include cardio in my regimen
- What I typically eat in a day, when my first meal is, and what I pack for lunch
- Whether or not my eating changes on training days
- My typical “shut down” routine
- What you should keep in mind with HIIT (high-intensity interval training)
- I’ll also answer the question: What’s something you learned recently that you wished you knew before starting?
- Three steps to take to put yourself in a good environment for mental health
- When I started with keto and how I got into this space
- The biggest thing I regret not adding into my keto diet sooner
- Chris also shares what he regrets not knowing sooner when it comes to ketosis
- How I use social media intentionally
- Is fiber something you need to focus on each day or throughout the week?
- Do you need fiber at all?
- Should you remove fiber from your diet?
- Whether I carb cycle and my go-to sources of carbs when I do consume them
- The carb philosophy Chris and I share
- The two goals where I’d use a carnivore diet
- Chris also shares his thoughts on going carnivore again and when he prefers to use it as a tool
- What to do if exogenous ketones give you stomach upsets
- What is the difference between a doctor of chiropractic (DC) and doctor of medicine (MD)?
- The pros and cons of DCs and MDs
- The one celebrity I disagree with the most
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Chris Irvin’s YouTube channel, The Ketologist
- Cal Newport’s best-selling book, Digital Minimalism
- DAI DUE in Austin, TX
- Keto Bars
- Exogenous Ketone Capsules
- Perfect Keto Perform Sports Drink
- Keto Electrolytes
- How to Use Morning Rituals for Keto Success
- 12 Signs You’re Overtraining and What to Do About It
- The Ketones Brain: Using a Keto Diet for Better Mental Health
- Got Anxiety? Low-Carb and Keto Diet May Help
- How Keto Affects Digestion
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 026: Dr. Michael Ruscio – Fixing Your Gut Health And The Truth About Fiber and Bacteria
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 058: Dr. Michael Ruscio – Strategies for Improving Gut Health, How Histamines Might Be Sabotaging Your Health, and Choosing the Right Probiotic
- Keto Micronutrients: How to Avoid Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies On a Ketogenic Diet
- The Carnivore Diet: Can Eating Only Meat Supercharge Your Health?
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 028: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Carnivore Diet Results and Q&A