Is it better for beginners to track their macros and calories when first starting out on keto?
What’s the best way to suppress your hunger without breaking your fast?
What is keto rash and is it possible to prevent it?
The feedback I’ve received on the last five Q&A episodes has been so great that I’m here to deliver a sixth one that’s jam-packed with questions like these and more.Our environment has a ridiculous amount of chemicals in it. And a lot of that stuff gets stored in your fat. Click To Tweet
While Chris Irvin, our Head of Education, and I dive into a huge breakdown of topics for beginners, there’s plenty of other helpful questions for people further along on their keto journey.
For example, if you want to learn more about CrossFitting on keto or you’re having trouble with intermittent fasting, we may have some answers for you.
We also chat about how to make keto more of a lifestyle so you don’t feel like you can’t eat the things you love or have a social life.
I’ll even share a sneak peek into my workout routine, which you may have seen on my Instagram.
And if this is your first time here, welcome!
My name is Dr. Anthony Gustin and I’m a board-certified chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner as well as the founder of Perfect Keto.
Since I transitioned out of my clinical practice, I’ve made it my mission to help as many people as possible achieve optimal health and well-being.
I do this by creating educational pieces — such as this podcast episode — and by developing high-quality, clean, keto-friendly products that make living low-carb easier.
When you tune in, you’ll find a special discount waiting for you in the episode and you’ll hear more about me and my keto journey so far, among other things.
Here’s an overview of everything Chris and I chat about today:
- What to do if you’re starting keto and have trouble digesting higher amounts of fat
- Digestive issues after taking exogenous ketones
- Is it helpful or hurtful for beginners to track their macros on keto?
- What are the best ways to suppress your hunger without breaking your fast?
- What is the keto rash and how can you prevent it?
- Plus, what to do if you have a keto rash
- How to lose fat without forming an unhealthy relationship with food
- Is it possible to lose fat without tracking your calories or macros?
- How to make keto a lifestyle so you don’t feel like you’re missing out
- I’ll also dive into why I remain in ketosis
- Whether I started gymnastics on my own or if I follow a program
- Is keto good for someone who does CrossFit?
- If my cholesterol is on the high side — to the point that my doctor said I need to take a statin — should I start keto?
- And finally, I share whether or not I’m a pizza or taco guy and my two go-to spots in Austin to get my favorite one
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Chris Irvin’s YouTube channel, The Ketologist
- Keto Calculator: The Easy Ketogenic Macro Calculator
- Gluconeogenesis (Can You Eat Too Much Protein On Keto?)
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 061: Gary Taubes – Why We Get Fat, What Calories In vs Calories Out Gets Wrong, and How to Lose Weight Using a High-Fat Keto Diet
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 035: Chris Irvin – Keto Plateaus: Everything You Need to Know to Bust Through Them
- Wes Hendricks, gymnastics strength training coach
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 068: Dave Feldman – High Cholesterol on Keto, Triglyceride Levels, The Best Way to Gauge Cholesterol, and When to Be Alarmed
- Veracruz All Natural Mexican Food, Austin, TX
- Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, Austin, TX
- 23andMe: DNA Genetic Testing
- Promethease, DNA variation testing
- How Keto Affects Digestion
- Digestive Enzymes & Keto: Here’s What You Need to Know
- Is It Possible to Follow a Keto Diet Without a Gallbladder?
- Fasting on Keto for Beginners
- Top 13 Common Keto Mistakes And How To Fix Them
- Keto Rash: Why You’re Suddenly Itchy & How to Make it Go Away
- The Targeted Ketogenic Diet: Everything You Need To Know
- Butter, Bacon, and Fat: The Truth About Keto Cholesterol May Surprise You
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 059: Dr. Jeff Volek – 10+ Years of Keto Research, Cholesterol on Keto, Exogenous Ketones, and How Keto is Reshaping Outdated Nutritional Guidelines