You may recognize my guest Dr. Cate Shanahan since she’s been on the show a few times before. Each time she comes on, our chats are more eye-opening than the last.
And this week’s episode proves this point since Dr. Shanahan is diving deeper into how these eight vegetable oils are destroying our health.
She goes on to suggest that the negative outcomes coming from the Coronavirus pandemic could have been avoided had we eliminated vegetable oils from our diets five years ago.
Not only that, Dr. Shanahan shows that other health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, could also be radically eliminated or improved simply from removing vegetable oils from our diets.
The problem is, as you’ll learn in this episode, vegetable oils are hiding almost everywhere — they’re in processed “healthy” foods and even in your favorite restaurant’s dishes.
So the challenge becomes identifying the harmful eight in the foods you eat and removing them starting today.
Dr. Shanahan shares why you’ll want to do this, how to do it, and some other helpful steps you can take starting today.
She also dives into other topics such as why your fat is an essential organ, the benefits of switching to a regenerative agriculture style of farming, and how you can improve your metabolic health.
You’ll also discover how to assess your current metabolic health and why you may be healthy on the outside yet you’re experiencing a metabolic storm internally (and what you can do to fix this).If we’re going to survive as a species, we have to stop doing this industrial farming and start doing regenerative farming. Click To Tweet
If this is your first time coming across Dr. Cate Shanahan’s work, she’s a board-certified family physician who specializes in reversing chronic diseases by understanding and identifying the root issues causing the metabolic damage and inflammation.
She’s also a best-selling author of the book Deep Nutrition and she recently published another brilliant book titled The FatBurn Fix.
On top of being a physician and author, Dr. Shanahan also works with Dr. Tim DiFrancesco and Gary Vitti to create a PRO Nutrition program for the LA Lakers.
When you tune in, you’ll hear more about these topics:
- Dr. Cate Shanahan dives into why people are getting more sick than others with Covid and the leading causes that can impact the severity of symptoms
- The shocking surprise Dr. Shanahan uncovered when working with the Lakers
- The number one marker of damaged body fat and why this matters
- The key to metabolic health
- The major health problems that are linked to vegetable oils
- Why we need to look at fat as an organ
- Two ways the Coronavirus has been killing us and what can be done about it, including what the government should have told us early on
- If you cut out vegetable oils today, how long will it take you to get to a healthy baseline?
- What the low carb flu is telling you about your metabolic health and what to do to make adjustments
- How you can test the health of your metabolism
- The problem with these eight vegetable oils and where they’re commonly found
- Aren’t polyunsaturated fats found naturally in foods? And, if so, are they really a bad thing?
- More about regenerative agriculture
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Cate Shanahan’s website
- Dr. Shanahan’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Dr. Cate Shanahan’s latest book, The FatBurn Fix
- Dr. Shanahan’s recommended shopping list
- Is Vegetable Oil Bad For You? 7 Vegetable Oils to Avoid
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 051: Dr. Cate Shanahan – Vegetable Oils: The Real Culprit Behind Poor Health, According to Research
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 038: Jeff Nobbs – The Ugly Truth About Vegetable Oils
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 089: Ben Greenfield – Biohacking Immunity and Raising Healthy Families
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 097: Dr. Will Cole – Decreasing Inflammation in the Body for Better Health
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 101: Diana Rodgers – The Case for Better Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 095: Will Harris – Regenerative Agriculture and Why More Farms Should Switch to this Eco-Friendly Model