There’s been close to twenty episodes published since Chris Irvin, our Education Manager at Perfect Keto, the co-author of our book Keto Answers, and The Ketologist, and I sat down for our last Q&A and we have a ton of great updates to share since then.
Thanks to our awesome listeners like you, the questions keep pouring in, which is why we knew we had to come together for another Q&A episode.
This time, we’re answering questions like:
Are you guys still following a keto diet?
What does your current carb and fiber intake look like these days?
Do you eat breakfast?
Do you avoid nightshades?
Do you change your protein intake throughout the year?
Chris and I also chat about the latest pregnancy advice and how this is beyond outdated, the harmful ingredients found in formula, and what really makes up breastmilk.
We also dive into stearic acid, linoleic acid, and how the different types of fat affects our health, and so much more.
This is another jam-packed Q&A episode you don’t want to miss.Many things in health — sleep, diet, exercise, etc. — are really just things we have to focus on and pay attention to and put energy into. Click To Tweet
If this is your first time tuning in, my name is Dr. Anthony Gustin and I’m a board-certified chiropractor, a functional medicine practitioner, and the founder of Perfect Keto and Equip Foods.
It’s my belief that our artificial habitats have forced us into having artificial health problems and this show is my attempt to dive deep into topics like nutrition, sleep, movement, relationships, and more so you can reclaim your natural state of health.
In this episode, Chris Irvin, our Education Manager at Perfect Keto, the co-author of our book Keto Answers, and The Ketologist, joins me to answer more great questions from our listeners.
You’ll also hear more about how Chris and his wife are expecting their first child and what their journey has been like so far.
Here’s a look at everything Chris and I get into in this episode:
- Is a keto diet bad for gut health?
- Gut issues from a high fiber intake
- Do you still follow a keto lifestyle? And, if so, what does that look like?
- What is your current carb intake?
- How my carb intake changed when I traveled to Africa, Miami, and Costa Rica
- What a typical carb intake looks like
- Does your protein intake change with the seasons?
- What I do if I’m eating more carbs
- Where you should buy your produce from
- Are there any vegetables you avoid?
- What is your go-to breakfast?
- Stearic acid
- Saturated fat, linoleic acid, and avoiding trans fat
- Pregnancy advice
- Saturated fat in breastmilk
- Is fiber necessary?
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the Natural State Podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates. Use Android? Click here to subscribe on Stitcher and here to subscribe on Google Play Music.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s website
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Ned Full-Spectrum CBD oil, plus a discount code
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 136: Brad Marshall – How PUFAs and Vegetable Oils Negatively Impact Health
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 133: Robb Wolf – Future Trends: Where Health, Nutrition, and More Are Heading
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 120: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #10) – Keto Long Term, How Muscles Get Energy in a Low Carb State, Drinking on Keto, and More
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 117: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #9) – Fixing the Farming Industry, PUFAs in Meat, Lab Grown Meat, and Why It’s Crucial to Eat Locally
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 104: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #8) – Melatonin, CBD, Creatine, and Immunity Boosts, Plus Why You Probably Don’t Need Sunscreen