Can you stay in ketosis long term?
Or should you use keto cyclically?
If I’m in a low-carb state, how do my muscles get energy?
What if I want to reintroduce carbs back into my diet? How would I go about doing that?
What’s the key to maintaining metabolic flexibility?
Is it possible to enjoy drinks on keto?
What about caffeine?
Chris Irvin, our Education Manager at Perfect Keto, the co-author of our book Keto Answers, and The Ketologist, and I are back by popular demand to answer those burning questions and more.
We receive such good feedback on these Q&A episodes that we knew we had to keep them coming. And that’s exactly why we’re here with the tenth Q&A episode to answer more of your keto questions.
If you’ve ever wanted to know if it’s safe to follow a keto diet long-term, if it’s possible to add some carbs back in, and whether or not you can enjoy mixed drinks on keto, this episode has those answers for you.
Chris and I also go over creating metabolically flexibility, why too much caffeine isn’t a good thing, and so much more.
You’ll also hear our thoughts on whether or not Lebron James or Michael Jordan is the best basketball player in our history.Trying to limit your alcohol consumption is always good. There’s no drop of alcohol that’s better than zero drops. It’s a neurotoxin that’s not good for you. Click To Tweet
If this is your first Q&A podcast episode with us, welcome! We’re so glad you decided to stop by.
Similar to the other nine Q&A episodes we’ve done, we’re taking questions straight from our keto community and giving you our thoughts based on our years of experience being on a keto diet and what the research supports.
And if we haven’t met yet, my name is Dr. Anthony Gustin and I’m a board-certified chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner who founded both Perfect Keto and Equip Foods.
As you’ll hear about in this episode, it is my belief that our artificial habitats have forced us into having artificial health problems and this show is my attempt to dive deep into topics like nutrition, sleep, movement, relationships, and more so you can reclaim your natural state of health.
And these Q&A episodes are a great chance for me to do just that since we touch on a range of topics.
Speaking of that, here’s a peek at what Chris and I get into with this episode:
- What are your thoughts on doing keto long term and making it more of a permanent lifestyle?
- Can you do keto long term if you have metabolic issues?
- If I’m following a low-carb diet, how do my muscles get energy?
- Does my liver make glucose from fat if I’m following a low-carb diet?
- Can my magnesium levels deplete within four days of being on keto and contribute to cramps and full body fatigue?
- Electrolytes on keto
- How can I reintroduce carbs, stay in ketosis, and take advantage of metabolic flexibility?
- Refined seed oils
- Are there keto-safe drinking mixes?
- How can I make a keto mixed drink?
- Is there such a thing as drinking too much coffee?
- Caffeine and aging
- I did carnivore for six months and now I can’t digest anything else. Should I continue with eating only meat or try to include other foods?
- The research on doing carnivore long term
- What are your thoughts on including jasmine or white rice if you’re metabolically adapted?
- Will you write another book?
- Lebron James or Michael Jordan?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s website
- Dr. Gustin’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s The Feed newsletter
- Dr. Gustin’s and Chris Irvin’s book, Keto Answers
- Chris Irvin’s website The Ketologist and his carnivore program
- The Last Dance Netflix docuseries on Michael Jordan
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 106: Todd White – Biohacking for Longevity and Disease Prevention and Why Most Wines Are Terrible for You Except This One
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 099: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #7) – Carb Cycling, Best Carb Sources, and When to Consider Adding More Carbs In
- Keto Drinks: What You Can and Cannot Drink on Keto
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 060: Paul Saladino – Plant Toxicity, The Carnivore Diet from a Doctor’s Perspective, and Foods to Add and Avoid When Going Carnivore
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 103: Dr. Cate Shanahan – Why Vegetable Oils are at the Root of Serious Health Conditions