As the headline suggests, I’m sitting down with Chris Irvin, The Ketologist and Education Manager at Perfect Keto, for our ninth Q&A episode.
In typical Q&A fashion, we’re diving into some questions we receive from our community. But before we get to those, I’m sharing some pretty exciting news: I bought a farm with my fiance Martha.
For the first half of this episode, I’ll talk about why I bought a farm, my plans for it, and what I hope to do differently compared to most farms out there.
I also share my thoughts on why commercial farming is bad for the environment and what can be done to change that.
You may not think that farming has anything to do with you but, if the food you’re eating is coming from commercial farming, your health is going to be negatively affected by it.
I’ll discuss why that is in this episode along with some other key topics such as polyunsaturated fatty acids in meat and why lab grown meat is just as detrimental to the environment.A lot of animal production looks at yields not at nutrient quality and nutrient density. There’s no incentive right now for farmers to care about nutrient density, which should be the most important point. Click To Tweet
If this is your first time here, I’m Dr. Anthony Gustin, a board-certified chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner who started both Perfect Keto and Equip Foods.
It’s my belief that our artificial habitats have forced us into having artificial health problems and this show is my attempt to dive deep into topics like nutrition, sleep, movement, relationships and more so that you can reclaim your natural state of health.
As you’ll learn in this episode, commercial farming is detrimental to your health and the health of the environment and I’ll show you why that is when you tune in.
You’ll also hear about these topics when you check out the episode:
- Why I decided to buy a farm outside of Austin
- What my plans are for this new farm
- The problem with most farms and what I’m trying to do to change that
- Why I’m focusing on nutrient density over yield
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in farm animals, what this means, and why it should be on your radar
- What most farm animals feed on and why this is a huge problem
- What I plan to grow on this farm
- Why I’m concerned about the health of the soil
- Are there any meat brands currently on the market that are lower in PUFAs?
- The Croissant Diet, including more about the founder and what he’s doing differently
- Are there nutritional differences between commercial and farm fresh eggs?
- I also share my thoughts on lab grown meats
- Are lab grown meats better for the environment?
- Health care costs and why they’re rising instead of dropping and what this means for the population as a whole
- Why not eating meat is just as detrimental to the health of the environment
- Feeding the world something sustainable
- Grass-fed versus grain-fed meats versus commercially grown meat
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s website
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s The Feed newsletter
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 101: Diana Rodgers – The Case for Better Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 095: Will Harris – Regenerative Agriculture and Why More Farms Should Switch to this Eco-Friendly Model
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 109: Anya Fernald – Why Regenerative Farming is the Future of Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 079: Robby Sansom – The Benefits of Regenerative Agriculture
- Source Matters: A Guide to Buying Healthy Chicken and Eggs