I’m super excited to bring back one of my favorite guests, Robb Wolf, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author and a former research biochemist.
In our first episode together, Robb and I chatted about a number of different topics ranging from electrolyte imbalances to mTOR activation.
We take a similar approach in this podcast episode by covering several topics but we discuss things like the future of the carnivore diet, paleo, and keto, fake meats, regenerative agriculture and more.
Robb also shares his views on using health trackers and why he suggests only using these if you have a goal in mind. He also discusses the biggest pitfalls with health trackers and how to avoid them.
And, finally, Robb and I also veer off into other non-health related topics such as censorship, the cancel culture, and some of the problems associated with big tech companies getting involved in our food supply.
So you’ll hear all about Robb’s thoughts on the future trends in these spaces and I also weigh in to share my opinions on these important topics.
If you don’t know Robb Wolf yet, he’s a former research biochemist who dove into the science of fasting and low-carb diets. He also studied the mechanisms at play before writing his two best-selling books Wired to Eat and The Paleo Solution.
Fast forward to today and Robb and his wife help people take back their health in their Healthy Rebellion program.
Robb’s an incredible wealth of knowledge and that’s why I couldn’t wait to get him back on the show to talk about the future trends in the health and nutrition space and so much more.
Here’s a look at some of the topics we discuss in this episode:
- How Robb currently views the state of keto and what else he’s learned from his research and experience in the space
- Recent research on paleo
- Robb’s thoughts on this Covid-19 pandemic and what we’ve learned from it
- Traumatic brain injuries and ketones
- Linoleic acid
- Where nutrition is heading in Robb’s eyes
- Cyclical keto and what that looks like
- Measuring quantifiables in health data and Robb’s thoughts on this
- Robb’s Healthy Rebellion Reset and seven day carb test
- Continuous glucose monitors
- How to gauge whether a food works well with your body
- Robb’s experience with health tracking
- Regenerative agriculture
- Proposed meat tax, fake meats, and the future of meat
- The problems associated with the current vegan movement
- Censorship, identity politics, and the eventual problems these could lead to
Mentioned in This Episode
- Robb Wolf’s website, The Healthy Rebellion
- Robb Wolf’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- Robb Wolf’s book Wired to Eat and Paleo Solution
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 057: Robb Wolf – Electrolyte Imbalances When Eating Low-Carb, mTOR Activation, Fasting, the Carnivore Diet, and Finding the Right Tool to Reach Your Health Goals
- Keto vs. Paleo: Is Ketosis Better Than Paleo?
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 109: Anya Fernald – Why Regenerative Farming is the Future of Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 122: Ed Byrne – Making Regenerative Agriculture Mainstream
- Is the Impossible Burger Healthy?
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 046: Diane Sanfilippo – Keto & Paleo, Why Ketosis Isn’t About Fat Loss, and How a SAVVY Nutritional Approach Can Help