He’s a two-time New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author for his books Paleo Solution and Wired to Eat.
And his podcast is top-ranked on iTunes.
He’s also one of the first guys to really dive into paleo head-on and long before it caught on.
But he didn’t just stop there.
He also has a ton of information and experience in the keto space.
He’s even tried the carnivore diet for six weeks, which you’ll hear more about in this episode.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, Robb Wolf joins me on the podcast to dive into a wide-variety of topics.
We cover everything from activation of mTOR, electrolyte imbalances, fasting, autophagy, and so much more.Most folks don’t realize that you need activation of mTOR -- specifically complex 1 -- to initiate T cell propagation related to anti-cancer activity. Click To Tweet
Robb — who has close to 300k social media followers on all of his channels combined — also touches on some essentials when it comes to choosing the right tool to reach your health goals and how long you should try a diet or exercise plan to see its true effects.
As a former research biochemist, Robb loves to dive into the science and mechanisms at work with things like fasting and low-carb diets and he shares everything he’s uncovered — plus his predictions for where things are heading — in this episode.
So if you’re someone who likes to geek out, this episode is right up your alley.
And if you’re just looking to learn a bit more on your health journey, you’ll still find plenty of simple and easy to understand takeaways.
To see what’s in store, check out this list of topics we tackle in this episode:
- Robb’s background and how he got to this point
- His basic recommendations when it comes to just starting out on your journey
- How to really figure out your health goals and whether or not you should try something (for example, fasting, trying keto, etc.)
- How long you need to lift weights to capture the health benefits
- What it takes to live longer and enjoy a better quality of life
- How fasting, exercise, and sleep contribute to your lifespan
- How to reach autophagy, aside from fasting
- Signaling mTOR and the effects of this on T cells
- How insulin affects mTOR activity
- How keto and going low-carb affect mTOR activation
- Robb also shares his thoughts on the carnivore diet, including what happened during his own 6-week trial and who it’s right for
- Gut health, blood markers, and inflammation on the carnivore diet
- Nutrient deficiencies and how long these really take to surface
- Gluconeogenesis and getting kicked out of ketosis
- Electrolytes on keto, including the specific ones to pay attention to, and how these affected Robb’s performance
- What happened when Robb adjusted his electrolytes
- His biggest mistake on keto
- Robb also tries to answer: Where did paleo man get his sodium? What about his water?
- Robb even shares his NorCal Margarita recipe
Mentioned in This Episode
- Robb Wolf’s website
- Robb Wolf’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- Robb Wolf’s book Wired to Eat and Paleo Solution
- Robb’s NorCal Margarita
- Lemon Poppyseed Keto bars
- Benefits of Fasting on Keto
- Dry Fasting: The Truth About This New Health Industry Trend
- Gluconeogenesis: What It Is and Why You Shouldn’t Fear It On Keto
- The Keto Protein Myth: How Much Protein To Eat On a Keto Diet
- Keto Electrolytes 101: How to Avoid Imbalances & Dehydration on Keto
- Keto vs Paleo: Is Ketosis Better Than Paleo?
- The Carnivore Diet: Can Eating Only Meat Supercharge Your Health?
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 019: Dr. Shawn Baker – Busting Myths About The Carnivore Diet and How to Thrive On Meat
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 028: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Carnivore Diet Results and Q&A
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 053: Dr. Daniel Pompa – Why Most Detoxes Are Bogus, Mercury Poisoning, Autophagy, and How to Create New Stem Cells
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 056: Siim Land – Fasting and Muscle Mass, a Deep Dive into mTOR, and Reaching Autophagy With and Without Fasting