Have you ever written down goals and committed to working on them only to abandon them a few days or weeks later?
Maybe you thought to yourself that you just weren’t meant to achieve those goals or maybe the struggle was figuring out how to actually put the work in.
As my good friend and guest David Nurse talks about in this episode, the chances are high that it’s your mindset behind why you’re not achieving the goals you set out for yourself.
And it’s not just you.
See, David works with professional NBA players and sees that they face the same struggles.
Despite having all of the athletic ability in the world, many still battle with negative self-talk, imposter syndrome, and a lack of self-confidence.
And it’s these issues that hold both professional athletes and most people back from reaching their goals.
Fortunately, David comes on the show to help change that.
As an optimization coach, David shares his simple yet impactful framework for changing your mindset and getting out of a negative headspace so you can finally reach the goals you set for yourself.
When you tune in, you’ll hear more about his framework, the exact tools he uses with the pros, and how to bust through your own roadblocks to achieve your true purpose in life.
David also discusses some of his best principles from his latest book, Pivot & Go, which means you’ll have even more of a sneak peek into changing your situation starting today.Saying negative words out loud are seven times more powerful than not even saying anything. Click To Tweet
If you don’t know David, he’s a motivational speaker, optimization coach, and best-selling author on top of being a former professional basketball player and coach for the Brooklyn Nets.
He’s personally worked with over 150 NBA players to help them improve on their personal development, confidence, leadership, and motivational growth.
Using his 29-day action plan, David helps people achieve the best life possible and he’s here to share those exact strategies in this podcast episode.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics David and I get into:
- How David deals with mindset development to help people change their lifestyles for the better
- How to move past just setting goals and actually taking action
- The exact tools and steps you need to take to work towards your goals
- Why it’s not just about building better habits
- David also shares his “foggy mirror” approach
- What to do if you hit a roadblock on your way to achieving your goals
- Why it pays to be super specific when goal setting and what that really looks like
- Establishing a “why” and using that as your driving force
- How your “why” may not serve as enough motivation and what to focus on instead
- Redefining success
- Building unshakable confidence
- How to face imposter syndrome and feeling like you’re not good enough
- How to thrive instead of just survive
- When to take a reality check and see that your goals may not be right for you
- What to do after you hit big milestones so you don’t become complacent
Mentioned in This Episode
- David Nurse’s website
- David’s Twitter and Instagram
- David Nurse’s latest book, Pivot & Go
- David’s One Percent podcast
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 047: David Goggins – Overcoming Obstacles, Changing Your Mindset, and How to Break Free From Your Comfort Zone
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 015: Tony Wrighton – Biohacking For a Happier and Healthier Life
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 030: Dr. John Limansky – Biohacking: Transforming Your Health Through Better Habits
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 049: Kyle Kingsbury – Life Lessons from Fighting UFC and MMA, Experimenting with Nutrition, and the Importance of Self-Reflection
- How to Use Morning Rituals for Keto Success