If you’re a regular listener of this podcast, then you’ve heard Dr. Paul Saladino and I talk about his journey using the carnivore diet personally and in his practice.
A few episodes back, he sat down and chatted with me about how he switched from a vegan diet to carnivore and the incredible results he saw since doing so.
Dr. Saladino also talked more about the basics of carnivore, plant toxicity, and why eating nose to tail is so important in that episode.
So if you didn’t check that out yet, I encourage you to tune into that one (linked below) before getting to this episode since we’re taking that chat a bit further today.
Instead of giving you more information on what to do on carnivore, we’re expanding the chat to talk about the sustainability of animal production.
Have you ever wondered if those vegan documentaries were true and that our heavy meat consumption is really ruining the planet?
Or is it just the opposite true?
You may be surprised by the answers to those questions.
Dr. Saladino discusses that and the problem with our current agricultural system, including how it’s not sustainable and how regenerative agriculture is exactly what we need to fix this.People need to take a sobering, honest look at the sustainability of a monocrop agriculture plant system -- this is what’s left out of the plant-based chat. Click To Tweet
On top of that, you’ll see how regenerative agriculture benefits animals, the environment, and our health.
Taking the carnivore chat deeper, Dr. Saladino also shares important minerals that could be missing from the diet, why that is, and why LDL cholesterol is an important molecule in the body.
You’ll also hear Dr. Saladino’s thoughts on whether or not saturated fat is good for you.
If you don’t know, Dr. Paul Saladino is a classically trained physician, functional medicine practitioner, and board certified in psychiatry.
He’s also worked as a physician assistant in cardiology before medical school and then worked with Dr. Andrew Weil on integrative medicine and nutritional biochemistry at the University of Arizona.
Most recently, Dr. Saladino published a book titled, The Carnivore Code, which dives into all things carnivore diet and more.
As for this episode, you’ll learn about the following topics when you tune in:
- What does the latest research on the carnivore diet suggest?
- Regenerative agriculture
- The huge problems monocrops create when it comes to carbon in the atmosphere
- How regenerative agriculture creates the perfect ecosystem
- How to raise animals better and improve food quality
- Should you eat grass-fed meat only?
- How to value your health
- What’s left out of the plant based chat
- The value of animal foods versus plant foods
- Plant toxicity
- If Dr. Saladino’s view has changed on carnivore
- Carb reintroduction
- The best plants to reach for to avoid toxins
- Is saturated fat really toxic to the human body?
- Why LDL is a valuable molecule in your body
- The real reasons why you shouldn’t worry about saturated fat
- Why Dr. Saladino eats egg shells
- The importance of eating nose to tail
- Calcium and other important minerals on carnivore that are often lacking
- Bone meal
- Checking urine pH to see how you’re doing
- Non-sweet fruits Dr. Saladino prefers
- Is there an ideal carnivore diet?
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the Natural State Podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates. Use Android? Click here to subscribe on Stitcher and here to subscribe on Google Play Music.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Paul Saladino’s website
- Paul Saladino’s latest book, The Carnivore Code
- Paul Saladino’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Eat Wild
- White Oak Pastures
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 076: Jesse Griffiths – Hunting for Better Food Quality
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 060: Dr. Paul Saladino – Plant Toxicity, The Carnivore Diet from a Doctor’s Perspective, and Foods to Add and Avoid When Going Carnivore
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 078: Robby Sansom – The Benefits of Regenerative Agriculture
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 049: Kyle Kingsbury – Life Lessons from Fighting UFC and MMA, Experimenting with Nutrition, and the Importance of Self-Reflection
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 072: Justin Mares – The History of Perfect Keto, Problems with Food Manufacturing, Lab-Grown Meat, Sleep Issues, and Why the Blue Zones May Not Be Accurate