Have you ever wondered how it all got started here at Perfect Keto?
Or what made me leave my chiropractic practice to pursue a line of health and wellness food products?
Or maybe you’re curious to learn more about product development and what it really takes to manufacture high-quality food products in today’s cost-driven world.
If any of these questions have come up since you started following Perfect Keto, or you’re just looking for a podcast that isn’t nutrition-heavy, today’s episode is for you.
I sit down with Perfect Keto’s other co-founder, Justin Mares, who’s also the co-founder of Kettle & Fire, to chat about a number of different topics.
We dive into the history of Perfect Keto, how Kettle & Fire was started, and why we both turned to health and wellness products.
You’ll also hear how we both struggled with food manufacturers and what we did to overcome this.
Justin and I also get into our thoughts on lab grown meat, regenerative farming, the truth about Blue Zones, and how Justin plans to tackle his recent bout of insomnia.The one thing we undervalue as a society is the positive impact of low stress. Click To Tweet
If you’re not familiar with Justin, aside from what I just mentioned, he’s a best-selling co-author of the book, Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth.
He’s also had his hand in a number of different successful side hustles, including small SaaS businesses, Udemy courses, email courses, investing in cryptocurrency, and so much more.
To say Justin knows his stuff is truly an understatement.
That’s why today’s episode is one I’m really excited to share.
By tuning in, you’ll have a behind-the-scenes look at what it really takes to create incredible products despite facing a ton of opposition.
And that’s just the start of what we get into.
Here’s the complete lineup of everything Justin and I discuss:
- Justin’s professional background, including how he co-authored a book and how he got started with Kettle & Fire and Perfect Keto
- The industry Justin almost ventured into
- The history of Perfect Keto
- How Justin pulled me out of my clinical practice
- The one product we almost made (but thankfully didn’t)
- The problem with keto supplements when we first got started and why we wanted to change that
- How Justin and I approach product development
- How food manufacturers are tricking your senses so you eat more
- The struggles Kettle & Fire faced early on trying to manufacture a high-quality product and what Justin and his team did to overcome this
- The problem with KIND bars
- Is lab grown meat really better than real food?
- I also dive into why it’s a good thing to have animals grazing on pastures instead of using that same land to grow corn or soy crops, for example
- Why Justin and I are both concerned with big tech companies moving into the food space
- You’ll also discover what my fears for the future are
- Regenerative agriculture and why Justin believes this is the answer to our agricultural issues, instead of lab grown meat
- Justin also jumps into the sleep issues he’s been having for the past few months and what he’s going to do to try and remedy it
- Blue Zones, including what they are and the latest research on people who live in these specific areas
Mentioned in This Episode
- Justin Mares’ website
- Justin Mares’ Twitter
- The book Justin co-authored, Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth
- Salt, Sugar, Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us, a book Justin mentions in the episode
- The Portal Podcast with Peter Thiel
- Natural Flavors: The Ultimate Guide To What’s Safe
- Top 11 Food Additives to Avoid In Your Supplements
- What Is Hydrogenated Oil and How to Avoid It
- How To Read Food Labels
- Why Soluble Corn Fiber is Bad for You and Where it’s Hiding in Your Kitchen
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 070: Mike Mutzel – The Five Pillars of Health, Tips for Better Sleep, Meal Timing on Circadian Rhythm, Backyard Farming, and How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
- Are KIND Bars Healthy? Here’s What You Really Need to Know
- How to Beat Keto Insomnia and Get More Sleep