You may know my guest Katie Wells as the Wellness Mama but you might not have realized what an incredible health resource she’s become since starting her blog over a decade ago.
That’s because Katie has created cookbooks, a podcast, and, most recently, a line of toxin-free personal care products that add beneficial ingredients in while taking commonly used chemicals out, on top of writing over 1,500 blog articles.
She’s a huge wealth of knowledge and it’s one of many reasons why I couldn’t wait to get her on the show.
When Katie and I sat down to chat, we covered a ton of different topics ranging from extended-day fasts, using self-exploration to improve your life, overcoming past traumas, and how she reversed Hashimoto’s after dealing with it for 10+ years.
Katie also shares how she’s raising her children differently — with no screen time limits — so they can be independent and exceptional critical thinkers.
You’ll also hear Katie’s unique approach to raising her kids, how she’s building an online course to help other parents do the same, and why she’s choosing a different curriculum for her family.
On top of that, Katie also talks about the supplements she uses and why, how she rotates them, and what else she’s working on when it comes to creating toxin-free personal care products.
Katie and I really covered a ton of ground in this episode and we dove into topics in a number of different areas.
In addition to being a best-selling cookbook author, podcaster, blogger, and now a toxin-free personal care product developer, Katie Wells is a mother of six who believes in taking health into your own hands.
She created Wellness Mama as a resource to help others do just that and live a healthier life that eliminates harmful chemicals.
When you tune in, you’ll see how she’s able to improve her life and her children’s lives each year by taking intentional steps in the right direction to get out of their comfort zone and into answering those tough “why” questions.
Here’s a peek at the topics Katie and I get into:
- Why Katie is on day five of a 7-10 day fast
- How she started doing extended fasts and why
- How Katie prepares for an extended fast
- How she nutrient loads the weeks before a major fast and what that looks like
- Katie’s take on organ meats
- The supplements Katie uses and why and how she approaches this differently
- Katie also shares how fasting for several days affects her sleep
- The online course she’s working on for teaching kids essential life skills, what that will look like, and why she approached it this way
- Why Katie doesn’t enforce screen time limits and how this works for her family
- How Katie approaches raising her kids, especially when it comes to becoming critical thinkers
- Katie’s background and how she ended up the way she is today
- You’ll also hear more about Katie’s 10 year journey with Hashimoto’s and how she finally found remission and was able to quit all medications
- Dealing with past traumas
- Self exploration, including the importance of it and how to go about doing it
- Why she spends the first half of her year questioning her beliefs and what that looks like
- How she started creating non-toxic products like shampoo and toothpaste
- What people don’t understand with personal care products and how they can negatively affect health
- How her shampoo and toothpaste are different than most on the market
- What else Katie’s working on when it comes to non-toxic products
- What the near future looks like for Katie
Mentioned in This Episode
- Katie Well’s website, Wellness Mama
- Katie’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Katie’s podcast
- Her Wellnesse products
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 107: Josh Clemente – Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Why Everyone Should Be Tracking This Important Metric
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 092: Vivica Menegaz – Ayahuasca, MDMA, and Plant-Based Medicines for Healing Trauma
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 116: Carly Johnson – Reversing Hashimoto’s Symptoms and Eliminating Household Toxins
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 063: Andy Hnilo – Generating Healthy Skin Cells, Personal Care Ingredients to Avoid for Healthier Skin, Why Retinol is Bad and What to Use Instead
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 062: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Daily Routines, Improving Mental Health, Exogenous Ketones and Stomach Upsets, Fiber Intake, and What I Wish I Knew Sooner
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 115: Dr. Anthony Jay – The Surprising Hormone Disrupting Chemicals Wreaking Havoc on Your Health