Dr. Jack Wolfson started out as most traditional cardiologists do — he went through several years of training and started working with patients in his practice.
But, despite using what he was taught, he found that his treatments weren’t as effective as they should be.
On top of that, his wife opened his eyes to a possibility that he had never considered: what he was taught wasn’t going to fix the problem and only led to prolonging poor heart health.
Dr. Wolfson followed this path and realized there was more than enough truth to it.
So he set out to change how he treats poor heart health conditions in his patients by addressing the root causes that many people don’t even realize are connected to it.
It didn’t take long for him to see success in his patients and now he uses and teaches this holistic approach to heart health both in the United States and across the globe.
When you tune into this episode, you’ll learn why our traditional treatments — such as statins, low dose aspirin, and high blood pressure meds — aren’t effective and why they contribute to poor health outcomes, not better.
You’ll also learn Dr. Wolfson’s top principles for improving health and keeping your heart in tip top shape.
Dr. Wolfson also dives into why some people may still need heart medications but why this shouldn’t last forever and what the goal is with these instead.
You’ll also hear more about cholesterol, chiropractic care and why emergency rooms should be using this form of medicine, and the top areas to focus on starting today.With nutrition, the most important thing is getting the chemicals out of your food. Click To Tweet
If you’re not familiar with Dr. Jack Wolfson, he’s a leading natural holistic health physician on top of being a board-certified cardiologist.
He’s also the author of the best-selling book, The Paleo Cardiologist, and a five-time winner of The Natural Choice Award.
He was also named one of the Top 50 Functional Medicine doctors by Dr. Josh Axe.
Together, Dr. Wolfson and his wife spread their heart health promoting principles throughout the world with the goal of helping people live longer and healthier lives.
By tuning into this episode, you’ll learn about these topics and so much more:
- Why conventional farming isn’t sustainable and what is
- Dr. Wolfson explains how he landed in this space
- You’ll also hear about his extensive medical training and what he found wrong with this approach
- How his approach was received by fellow colleagues
- The biggest changes he made personally
- The one step Dr. Wolfson recommends everyone takes first
- The one test he administers to all of his patients before they start working together
- What Dr. Wolfson tests for in urine
- The things that cardiologists aren’t taught in medical school but should be
- Understanding the cause of disease and addressing that
- How Dr. Wolfson’s clinic changed its practices
- Is there ever a need to use statins?
- What about aspirin for heart disease?
- Cholesterol and how to find your perfect number
- The one thing Dr. Wolfson suggests emergency medicine doctors should do before someone is admitted to the emergency room for heart related complications
- What should people prioritize to improve their health?
- Why Dr. Wolfson teaches others his framework
- How to think about nutrition in terms of cardiovascular health
- Other factors affecting your health aside from nutrition that deserve more of your attention
- Is low carb or paleo the answer? What about a carnivore diet?
- The two things Dr. Wolfson suggests everyone practices starting today
- The foods that help you get the highest nutrition for the least amount of money
- How being unemployed increases your risks of dying from cardiovascular disease
- Dr. Wolfson also shares his thoughts on the Coronavirus and a potential potential vaccine for it
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Jack Wolfson’s website
- Dr. Jack Wolfson’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- Dr. Wolfson’s resource on cholesterol
- His resource on high blood pressure
- Get a copy of his book, The Paleo Cardiologist, for free (by paying shipping and handling only)
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 068: Dave Feldman – High Cholesterol on Keto, Triglyceride Levels, The Best Way to Gauge Cholesterol, and When to Be Alarmed
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 080: Dr. Bret Scher – The Low-Carb Cardiologist Who’s Transforming Heart Health
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 097: Dr. Will Cole – Decreasing Inflammation in the Body for Better Health
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 060: Dr. Paul Saladino – Plant Toxicity, The Carnivore Diet from a Doctor’s Perspective, and Foods to Add and Avoid When Going Carnivore
- The Carnivore Diet: Pros, Cons, And Possible Risks
- Butter, Bacon, and Fat: The Truth About Keto and Cholesterol
- Paleo vs. Ketogenic Diet