What if I told you that getting enough movement throughout your day isn’t just about keeping your body in peak physical shape?
As my guest Aaron Alexander and I believe and discuss in this episode, getting enough movement each day impacts your overall health, mentally, physically, and emotionally.
For example, Aaron explains how postural anchoring can affect your mood and that your wrist strength is a surprising indicator of your cardiovascular health.
And that’s just the beginning of what we dive into in this unique episode.
We’ll also explore how our artificial environment is contributing to more health problems instead of less, what NEAT is and how you can improve it, and why standing desks won’t solve this problem.You have a choice -- start to pay attention to your health now or wait until you have no choice and your only wish is to have your health back. Click To Tweet
If you’ve never heard of Aaron before, he’s a premier leader in the movement space and has close to 90k followers on all of his social media channels combined.
After 10+ years of studying movement, Aaron came up with five principles that simplify his extensive research.
He recently published these principles in a book he co-authored, The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind and Stress-Proof Life.
In this podcast episode, Aaron’s sharing some of his best movement tips — which can easily be weaved into your day — and why this matters so much.
Whether you exercise regularly or you’re on the sedentary side, this episode has some eye-opening points you don’t want to miss.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics we cover:
- Aaron’s background and how he became a premier leader in the movement space
- What sparked Aaron’s transformative change
- How your body position affects your mental and emotional health and memory recall
- Postural anchoring and how this affects your mood
- The problems associated with our artificial environment
- The state we’re overusing in today’s high-tech, fast-paced world
- Aaron’s five pillars that can simplify your health
- More about hip hinging and spending time on the ground
- His thoughts on standing desks
- NEAT, including what it is and how to optimize it
- What happened when astronauts participated in micro exercises throughout their day
- The best upper body exercise — it’s not what you’d think
- How your wrist strength gives you a clue into your cardiovascular health
- One commonality that Aaron notices among most people and how to fix it
Mentioned in This Episode
- Aaron Alexander’s website
- Aaron Alexander’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Aaron’s latest book, The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind and Stress-Proof Life
- Plyometrics: 8 Movements for Your Active Keto Lifestyle
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 012: Aaron Alexander Move Better: Why Improving Your Movement Improves Your Life
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 070: Mike Mutzel The Five Pillars of Health, Tips for Better Sleep, Meal Timing on Circadian Rhythm, Backyard Farming, and How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
- 9 Proven Ways To Improve Memory at Any Age
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 062: Dr. Anthony Gustin My Daily Routines, Improving Mental Health, Exogenous Ketones and Stomach Upsets, Fiber Intake, and What I Wish I Knew Sooner