More crazy creations over at my Instagram page here.
Often when people switch to whole food (or paleo or primal based diets), they think of what they’re giving up, and not gaining. Well here is another reason to not think of giving anything up – three meat no pasta lasagna.
One of the main comfort foods that people miss are pasta based dishes, and one of the most favorite of those would have to be lasagna. Most of you have some fond memories of your mom/aunt/grandma serving up a steaming batch of lasagna when you were younger. But is there such a thing as no pasta lasagna?
Thanks to Cappello’s and their nut flour based pasta, there are plenty of options to recreate old favorites. This time we’re using their lasagna noodles to make no pasta lasagna. Check out the recipe and let us know what you think!
Easy way to keep rolling with some old time favorites in a much healthier way with this no pasta lasagna! Keep in mind this meal is still dense and due to the high nut flour content, I wouldn’t go TOO hog wild on it.
Here’s how to make it:
Cook Time: 1h
- Combine all of the meat and cook on a medium to low temperature until browned.
- Add ghee, diced onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Half tomatoes and remove the seeds. Chop and toss into onion and garlic mix. Add 8 leaves basil and 4-5 sprigs of thyme as well as 1/2 cup chopped oregano. Add sea salt to taste and the 1/2 cup red wine. Cook down and simmer for at least one hour on low.
- Combine meat and sauce mixtures and simmer on low for another 30-40 minutes.
- Soak Cappello’s Lasagna in warm water for a few minutes and then layer the noodles with the sauce in a glass baking dish. Make sure to top with sauce. If you want to add cheese and that’s your thing, go with it!
- Toss in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. This won’t take as long as usual because everything should be pretty much cooked already.