Want other super easy and healthy snack ideas? They can be found on my Instagram.
Easter is right around the corner! If you celebrate with the masses, chances are you’re going to have plenty of hard boiled eggs that have been dipped in fancy colors. These get popped into baskets with fake grass and even more fake candy. But where do Easter eggs come from?
Easter eggs are apparently either laid by a bunny, or brought and put in a basket by a bunny. Either way, a little weird. What I enjoy to do with eggs is eat them. With bacon. And avocado. So I made up this recipe for the left over eggs for spicy bacon and avocado deviled eggs!
Even though there are several “paleo approved” options for mayo, I still enjoy the wholesome and creamy taste of avocado over mayonnaise. Avocado deviled eggs are way easier than “paleo” mayo versions, because it takes forever to make.
I can’t guarantee that your eggs are not going to be dyed funky colors through the shells! Bonus paleo points if you’re using all-natural ingredients to dye your eggs this year (turmeric, beet root powder, blueberries, etc.).
These are some pretty simple spicy bacon and avocado deviled eggs. Chances are after you make avocado deviled eggs, you’re not going to be going back to eating mayo filled deviled eggs any time soon.
Here’s how to make it:
Cook Time: 45m
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Hard boil the eggs using any tricky technique you’d like. Make sure to cool the eggs. After, peel the shells off and slice the egg in half. Separate the yolks into a container and place the white side on a plate, concave side up.
- Cook the bacon on medium to low heat until crispy. Cool and dice into small pieces.
- Add 3/4 of the minced jalapeño, avocado, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and 3/4 diced bacon to the bowl of egg yolks and mash everything together to desired consistency.
- Spoon into the empty sides of the egg whites and top with bacon, jalapeño, and cayenne pepper for looks!