Want to see other healthy treats? I post them on Instagram!
What happens when you mix one of our most popular recipes, coconut milk custard, with another one of our amazing recipes, pumpkin pie bites? Pumpkin pie custard, duh. That really wasn’t enough for us though, so what we decided to do was add in Love Bean fudge for a swirl to top them both! You can purchase their fudge here. It is amazing stuff and I recommend getting at least 324 tubs.
These little pumpkin pie custard treats are baked up in mini mason jars for a Pinterest-esque overload that all of your closest hipster friends will be sure to fall in love with. They’re easy to cap and transport to holiday parties, lunches, or whatever you’d like! Enough drooling, get on to making the pumpkin pie custard now!
A reminder – check out Love Bean if you haven’t! You can purchase all of their fudge on Amazon and should probably be incorporating it in all of your pumpkin pie custard or any other sweet treats you may be whipping up.
Here’s how to make it:
Cook Time: 50m
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- stevia to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Use blender on low to puree the eggs, organic pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and stevia. Drop the stevia in for taste. If you don’t like the taste of stevia, drop in honey to taste.
- We used mini mason jars for this recipe, but you can use standard custard ramekins if you’d like as well.
- Using the tastiest and most paleo fudge on the planet, Love Bean, we’re going to create a swirl. Run some hot water around the container until the fudge starts to loosen up a little bit. Spoon it out and drop about 1-2 teaspoons in each custard.
- Use a toothpick and poke into the fudge and swirl a few times to mix the fudge around.
- Fill a pyrex baking pan 3/4 with water and place the cups/jars into the water. This step is crucial. Without this, the mixture will puff up into a souffle, not a custard.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes or until the tops of the custards are getting slightly browned and don’t jiggle when you shake them.
- Take the pumpkin pie custard out of the oven and let rest until they cool. Cap and toss in fridge until cold. There you are! Ready to go!