Dr. Zach Bush is well-known for many things.
He’s a physician specializing in internal medicine, endocrinology, and hospice care, and he’s also a world-renowned educator and thought leader on topics like how the microbiome relates to health, disease, and our food systems.
Dr. Bush also founded a non-profit, Farmer’s Footprint, which connects farmers with consumers, and a supplement company Intelligence of Nature, or ION.
In this episode, Dr. Bush and I get into a ton of great topics, including how prevalent glyphosate exposure is, whether it’s possible to avoid environmental toxins, and if eating organic foods can protect you from these harmful chemicals.
We also chat about spirituality topics like how to find your purpose and how to regain connection with our food system, along with regenerative agriculture and his mostly plant-based eating approach.When you reduce stress, you become more creative. Click To Tweet
If you’re unfamiliar with Dr. Zach Bush, you’ll hear about his incredible background and how he went from majoring in engineering in college to becoming a doctor and eventually getting out of a broken healthcare system.
Dr. Bush also runs an eight-week transformative health course, which he also chats about in this episode, and dives into his extensive knowledge on soil health, how polluted our waters have become, building immunity while traveling, and what it takes to improve the gut/brain health connection.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the topics we get into in this episode:
- How Dr. Zach Bush went from being an engineering major in college to becoming a doctor and doing what he does today
- How Dr. Bush was able to break through the noise and get out of a troubled healthcare system
- How Dr. Bush discovered his purpose in life and his suggestions for finding yours
- What Dr. Bush does to maintain his health, mindset, purpose, and more
- How Dr. Bush balances and supports his health in a toxic environment and while traveling
- More about his company, ION health, which stands for Intelligence of Nature, and how it helps people
- How glyphosate is everywhere, how it’s detrimental to our health, and what can be done about it
- Does glyphosate really have a half-life?
- Why you may have more glyphosate exposure than you realize and what can be done about it
- What you can do to protect yourself while traveling
- Dr. Bush also shares his thoughts on regenerative agriculture and why he chooses to eat mostly plant-based
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Zach Bush’s website
- Dr. Bush’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Dr. Zach Bush’s Intelligence of Nature (ION) supplement line
- Dr. Bush’s eight-week course The Journey of Intrinsic Health
- Dr. Bush’s Farmer’s Footprint website
- Dr. Bush’s Farmer’s Footprint Australian website
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 158: Dr. Stephan van Vliet – Comparing the Nutrient Density of Grass-Fed vs. Grain-Fed Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 168: Ty Beal – The Most Nutrient Dense Foods, Addressing Nutrient Deficiencies, The Bioavailability of Foods, Are Seed Oils Healthy?, and More
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 154: Evan Brand – Getting Mold, Mycotoxins, and More Out of Your Body and Environment
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 167: Calley Means – Fixing a Broken Healthcare and Food System When There’s So Much Funding to Keep People Chronically Ill
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 166: Dr. Bill Schindler – Learning How To Eat Like a Human
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 161: Katie & Taylor Collins – Using Regenerative Agriculture to Bring Ecosystems Back to Life