Taylor Collins and his wife Katie, founders of EPIC Provisions, a high-protein, meat-based snack, have been huge inspirations in the regenerative agriculture space.
Not only are they showing what’s possible by transforming once-barron ecosystems into thriving pastures, they’re also helping to educate anyone wanting to get into this space.
They’re truly a beacon in the area and their hard work is paying off — creeks that have been dry for 80 years are returning to their original flowing states and native plants are finally resurfacing after being completely wiped out from monoculture agriculture.
With such positive results, they’ve decided to triple down on regenerative ag.
And you’re about to hear all about this and more when you tune into this episode.
Katie, Taylor, and I dive into their incredible journey from being vegetarian endurance athletes to creating a meat-based protein bar and how they eventually started their own regenerative agriculture farm.
You’ll also discover how their regenerative ag practices are transforming ecosystems, why they don’t operate with a business plan and what they do instead, and what it’s like to raise two daughters on the farm.
Katie and Taylor also share what the next five years look like for them and how this incredible journey has changed their entire outlook.You can create change every single time you purchase food. Click To Tweet
If you’re not familiar with Katie and Taylor Collins, they’re the husband and wife duo behind EPIC Provisions, a high-protein, all-meat snack and the farmers and Founders behind Roam Ranch, a regenerative agriculture farm in Texas that aims to produce nourishing meat and heal ecosystems.
In this episode, you’ll hear about the following topics:
- Taylor and Katie’s background and how they became first generation ranchers
- What they’ve noticed since reconnecting with the land
- Taylor and Katie’s health journey from following dietary norms and doing endurance races to experiencing inflammation and joint pain and how they healed themselves
- How their company EPIC Provisions came about
- How Taylor and Katie operated without a business plan and what that looked like
- How Taylor and Katie brought a baron piece of farmland in Texas back to life
- What’s destroying our land and what can be done to fix things
- Is it necessary to eat animals to restore natural resources?
- Seeing life as a transfer of energy
- How consumers yield the power for changing the health of our planet
- How a dried out creek on their property was transformed into its former flowing glory thanks to their regenerative agriculture practices
- How plant species have dramatically changed on their farm
- How the insects fared on their farm using their regenerative ag practices
- What the next five years look like for Taylor and Katie
Mentioned in This Episode
- Katie and Taylor Collins’ Epic Provisions website
- Katie and Taylor’s Roam Ranch website
- Katie and Taylor Collins’ Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube channel
- Allan Savory’s TedTalk, How to fight desertification and reverse climate change
- The Natural State Podcast 078: Robby Sansom – The Benefits of Regenerative Agriculture
- The Natural State Podcast 095: Will Harris – Regenerative Agriculture and Why More Farms Should Switch to this Eco-Friendly Model
- The Natural State Podcast 134: Dr. Paul Saladino – What We Learned from One of the Last Hunter-Gatherer Tribes
- The Natural State Podcast 158: Dr. Stephan van Vliet – Comparing the Nutrient Density of Grass-Fed vs. Grain-Fed Meat
- The Natural State Podcast 139: Eric Perner – Optimizing Regenerative Agriculture for a Better Future for Our Planet