Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Evan Brand, was instrumental in helping me get through the mold issues I had.
He not only helped me find the right tests to see if there really was a mold issue — which other tests had incorrectly given me false negatives — he also helped me figure out what to do about it.
During this dark, awful time, Evan gave us hope and solutions.
He also reassured us that what we were experiencing really was there despite previous tests saying there were no issues.
In this episode, Evan and I chat about both of our experiences with having mold in our house, what it did to our bodies, and the symptoms that surfaced as a result.
We also dive into the real issues with glyphosate and how this manifests in adults and kids, how someone can go about testing for mold in their system, what to do if you have mold in your body, and why a negative reading should be retested (using a different test in many cases).
You’ll also hear about how these harmful mycotoxins get into your system, how mold can trigger mast cell activation and inflammation, and how kids can be affected by mold.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics we get into:
- How much glyphosate is being sprayed
- The connection glyphosate has to cancer to rates
- How glyphosate seeps into your body and wreaks havoc
- How do you go about addressing symptoms when there’s so much to look at?
- Two areas Evan says should be your top priority for improving health
- Dr. Gustin’s experience with testing for mold
- False negatives on mold tests
- The problem with mycotoxins and how they get into the air you breathe
- The symptoms Evan experienced before he discovered he had a mold problem in his newly built home
- Evan’s journey getting the mold out of his house and system
- The problem with pier and beam built homes and how to address it
- How mold can trigger mast cell activation and what that is
- What to do if you think you have a mold problem
- The tests to run if you suspect you have a mold problem
- How a PANDAS diagnosis can be connected to mold problems
Mentioned in This Episode
- Evan Brand’s website
- Evan’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Evan’s Podcast, The Evan Brand Show
- Evan’s podcast episode with Dr. Paul Saladino
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 147: Brian Karr – How to Tell If You Have Mold in Your Home and What You Can Do About It
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 128: Katie Wells – Creating a Toxin-Free Healthy Home, Raising Independent Children, Self-Exploration, and More
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 115: Dr. Anthony Jay – The Surprising Hormone Disrupting Chemicals Wreaking Havoc on Your Health
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 097: Dr. Will Cole – Decreasing Inflammation in the Body for Better Health