She’s a self-proclaimed “Meathead Hippie”, which also happens to be the name of her podcast, and a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, trainer, coach, writer, and creator who realized she could use food and movement to heal from the inside out.
But it wasn’t until she started doing a deep dive into emotional awareness that she found her true self.
And that’s exactly what my guest Emily Schromm comes on the show to talk about in this podcast episode.
This is a topic that’s not often talked about but should be for a number of different reasons.
Many people don’t realize just how connected emotions are to health and especially your mental well-being.
By taking emotional awareness for granted, you could experience negative health outcomes.
And no matter how hard you workout or eat healthy, if you’re missing this key ingredient, you could still find yourself suffering from health ailments.
As Emily mentions in the show, instead of turning to external sources to find the solutions to all of your problems, it pays to turn inward and tap into your feelings.
So how do you do that?
When you tune into this episode, you’ll hear the exact steps to take to start tapping into your emotional awareness, which can greatly improve your life and health, as Emily experienced firsthand.
The good news is that this piece of the puzzle isn’t too difficult to work on, it’s just something most of us don’t spend enough time doing, which is a costly mistake.Nothing matters until you are healthy in your own body. Click To Tweet
If you’re not familiar with Emily, she’s a good friend of mine who has an incredible background in health and fitness.
On top of being a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, personal trainer, and online coach, she recently self-published her book, The Process, which dives into how to do, feel, know, and make without getting in your own way.
Emily shares some strategies from the book and also chats about how to crush self-doubt, when to let go of things that don’t serve you, how to push past your fears, and a number of other topics.
While emotional awareness may not have been on the top of your to-do list before this episode, you’ll quickly learn why it should be and how to easily weave it into your daily life.
Because doing so may just transform your life in ways you couldn’t have imagined.
To see how that’s possible and how to do just that, tune into the episode now to learn more.
Here’s a sneak peek at everything Emily and I get into:
- What is emotional awareness?
- How does emotional awareness relate to better health?
- Four things to focus on that most people don’t
- What it takes to get through self-doubt
- The fourth bucket of stress that’s rarely talked about
- Intuitive creativity and how to harness this
- Why Emily is a huge journaler and how this can benefit you too
- How Emily shuts off for the day
- Why you should also have a “to-feel” list on top of a “to-do” list
- Emily also shares her word of the year
- Understanding what to lean into and what to back off of
- Understanding and overcoming a natural fear reaction
- Emily’s eight-minute rule and how you can use this too
- What you can learn from your Spotify Discover Weekly playlist
- Emily also shares her definition of health and the one goal she focuses on to achieve this
- How to tap into your own thoughts and feelings
- Emily also discusses her best tips for starting your own emotional journey
- Overcoming self-doubt
- The manifestation triangle, including what that is and how you can benefit from using it
- More about chakras
Mentioned in This Episode
- Emily Schromm’s website
- Emily Schromm’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- Emily’s book, The Process
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 062: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Daily Routines, Improving Mental Health, Exogenous Ketones and Stomach Upsets, Fiber Intake, and What I Wish I Knew Sooner
- Top 10 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
- The Ketones Brain: Using a Keto Diet for Better Mental Health
- 8 Science-Backed Steps to Habit Change