Metabolic dysfunction is a serious epidemic in the US. It’s at the root of almost all modern health conditions and diseases.
Worse? There’s virtually no action from our leaders to fix this national health crisis.
So in this episode, I chat with Dr. Casey Means about what we can do to combat all the ways society fundamentally harms our bodies, makes us a “product” to exploit, and undermines our health goals.Prediabetes isn’t a ‘pre-disease;’ it’s full-blown insulin resistance that’s been going on for years under the radar. But treatment is nonexistent in the US. Click To Tweet
As the Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of the metabolic health company Levels, it’s Dr. Casey’s mission to help people understand and leverage their health data to thrive.
During our conversation, we explore the eight “pillars” of metabolic health and how to reach your peak state naturally.
Along the way, we discuss topics like:
- The problematic concept of exercise
- What people don’t understand about prediabetes
- The truth about triglycerides vs. LDL cholesterol
- How to assess your metabolic health (& the most important test to get)
- Leveraging CGM data as an effective biofeedback tool (it’s more than noticing blood sugar spikes)
- The best tips to improve your metabolic health, from easy to advanced
- How to win a free Levels kit!
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Casey Means’ company Levels
- Dr. Casey’s Instagram and Twitter
- Dr. Casey’s giveaway: Enter to Win a Free Levels Kit!
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 167: Calley Means – Fixing a Broken Healthcare and Food System When There’s So Much Funding to Keep People Chronically Ill
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 126: Shawn Stevenson – Surprising Factors that Impact Your Metabolism, Health, and Weight
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 107: Josh Clemente – Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Why Everyone Should Be Tracking This Important Metric