It’s not the first time I’ve had Chris Masterjohn on the podcast.
In a previous episode, we covered the importance of micronutrients and, this time, we’re not only diving in deeper on the research behind micronutrition, we’re also covering other important health topics.
Chris shares his abundant research on using a real-food approach to Covid, how infant formula was designed and how this impacts us today, how our soil may be void of crucial nutrients and what you can do about it, and more.
Chris also chats about his personal experience getting Covid twice, his thoughts on Bitcoin and other alt-coins, why eating locally and seasonally is not always the best advice, and more about his upcoming book.If you’re in the sweet spot for selenium, you have maximum protection against cancer and heart disease. Click To Tweet
Chris Masterjohn earned his PhD in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Connecticut and he served as a postdoctoral research associate in the Comparative Biosciences department of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
He also served as the Assistant Professor of Health and Nutrition Sciences at Brooklyn College and he currently creates research-backed information products that help people improve their health using food, movement, and mindfulness to support health and well being.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Why Chris gravitated towards Bitcoin and whether he’s into any other alt-coins
- How Chris’ work has changed since the pandemic
- Chris’ Covid Guide and some of the key highlights he discovered
- What you should pay attention to to prevent and treat Covid
- Chris’ experience with getting Covid twice, including what he did to treat it and what he would do differently if he gets it again
- The research behind the supplements that could help reduce Covid infections
- Where Chris’ book currently stands
- The three-part breakdown of his upcoming book
- The history of infant formula and why this isn’t helping us today
- Why Chris has a food-first mentality
- Why eating local could be detrimental to your health depending on where you live and what you can do about it
- The importance of micronutrients for heart health and reducing both cancer and diabetes risk
- What’s really affecting our soil quality right now
- Should you really eat seasonally?
- What nutrients should you test for?
- How do you go about testing your nutrient levels?
- If Chris were to create a new Nutrition Facts label, here’s what he would change and why
Mentioned in This Episode
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 134: Dr. Paul Saladino – What We Learned from One of the Last Hunter-Gatherer Tribes
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 135: Dr. Paul Saladino – The Hadza Tribe Part Two: Q&A
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 033: Chris Masterjohn – Why Micronutrients Matter As Much As Macros On Keto
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 146: Christopher Ryan – Are We Really Better Off Than Previous Generations?
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 143: James Connolly – The Real Issues That Need to Be Addressed With Our Food System
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 139: Eric Perner – Optimizing Regenerative Agriculture for a Better Future for Our Planet