To understand the science behind vegetable oils and their detrimental effects on health, there was no one better to bring on the show than Tucker Goodrich, the world’s primary expert on seed oils.
Tucker’s been studying seed oils for over 10 years now and he knows them inside and out.
In this episode, we dive into the nitty gritty details and research behind vegetable oils and we chat about what makes them so bad, why they’re so prevalent, where they came from, what happens when we over consume them, and the chronic diseases that surface from consuming them.After I stopped eating seed oils, my diverticulitis and irritable bowel symptoms resolved in two days. Click To Tweet
We also discuss how Tucker found out that seed oils were a problem, his personal experience with removing them, how primitive populations who don’t consume them fare, what we’ve learned from animal studies, and so much more.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics Tucker and Dr. Anthony Gustin get into:
- Tucker’s backstory and how he went from being a Chief Technology Officer to studying the effects nutrition has on our health
- The serious health conditions Tucker experienced firsthand
- Why Tucker didn’t get better even after eliminating sugar and carbs and what he removed next
- The approach Tucker used to remove wheat and seed oils from his diet and what happened when he did
- Does consuming wheat or seed oils give you different symptoms?
- The food that gave Tucker the biggest reaction and why that is
- What Tucker removed from his diet that eliminated all of his health problems
- How is family reacted when he removed these offenders from their diet too
- What happens when seed oils break down in the body
- What we’ve learned from the Hadza tribe
- The shocking reason why seed oils were created in the first place plus how they’re made
- How we went from having virtually no chronic diseases to 60% of the population experiencing them
- What was uncovered from animal studies that fed mice polyunsaturated fats and what we can take from this
- The heart failure epidemic and what can be done about it
- Two omega-6 components to be concerned about
- Why it’s so hard to accurately study seed oils
- How seed oils are used to induce cancer in lab animals
- How long does it take to return to baseline after removing seed oils?
- Why non-contact ACL tears are on the rise and what can be done about it
- How seed oils are getting into the meat we eat
- How much should we really worry about this?
Mentioned in This Episode
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 136: Brad Marshall – How PUFAs and Vegetable Oils Negatively Impact Health
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 103: Dr. Cate Shanahan – Why Vegetable Oils are at the Root of Serious Health Conditions
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 134: Dr. Paul Saladino – What We Learned from One of the Last Hunter-Gatherer Tribes
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 135: Dr. Paul Saladino – The Hadza Tribe Part Two: Q&A