After working as an actress on Broadway for over 10 years, Emily Fletcher found herself in a constant stressed out state of fight or flight.
She was also sick and struggling with insomnia.
Her stress also started to surface in the form of going gray in her 20s.
It wasn’t until she started to learn about meditation that she finally found some relief.
As you’ll hear more about in this episode, this seemingly simple practice turned out to be transformative for Emily, a leading expert in meditation now.
She was able to heal her body, sleep through the night, and even her pesky grays went away.
After seeing these amazing results personally, Emily knew she wanted to share the gift of meditation with the masses.
She went on to start teaching it and knew that she could go even deeper than this.
So she eventually did and created her Ziva Meditation method, which covers mindfulness, meditation, and manifestation, three key ingredients that truly transformed her life.
And now she sees the same things happening in her clients from around the world.
In this podcast episode, you’ll learn more about this unique meditation method, why it differs from most, why it’s so effective, and how you can put it into practice starting today.
If you’re on the fence with meditation, or you’ve tried it before without success, Emily’s eye-opening tips can help.
She’ll show you why this practice is so important and beneficial before diving into what you can do to stay consistent.Stress makes you stupid, sick, and slow. Click To Tweet
On top of being a Broadway actress, Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva Meditation and she’s a best-selling author of Stress Less, Accomplish More.
Her work has been featured on The Today’s Show, Vogue, ABC News, and The New York Times.
She’s even been named one of the top 100 women to watch in wellness.
While you may find plenty of gurus out there teaching meditation, Emily takes the practice much further, which you’ll learn all about in this episode.
Some of her meditation clients include Apple and Google employees, Harvard Business School and Barclays Bank employees, Oscar, Grammy, Tony and Emmy award winners, NBA players, Navy SEALS, Fortune 500 CEOs, busy parents, and entrepreneurs.
So if you’re looking to learn more about meditation or learn from the best, this is one episode you don’t want to miss.
Here’s a peek at what Emily and I get into:
- Emily shares her story and how she went from being an actress on Broadway for over 10 years to getting into the meditation space
- What got Emily into meditation and what she noticed when she started practicing it regularly
- Why she started teaching meditation
- The number one barrier to meditation that most people experience
- Why she added a mindfulness and manifestation element to her technique
- Emily also shares her experience of doing a 10 day silent retreat
- The importance of taking an emotional detox
- Why exercise does not count as meditation
- The definition of mindfulness
- What you should know before meditating with someone who is not properly trained
- How meditation heals on a cellular level
- Some of the most popular benefits people see when meditating
- What makes Emily’s Ziva technique so different and effective
- How Emily structures here meditation sessions
- Why meditation gives you a massive return on your investment
- Why you should take stock before you start and why you should consider writing a letter to yourself
- The one question you should ask yourself before meditating
- The difference between addictive longing versus intuitive desire
Mentioned in This Episode
- Emily Fletcher’s Ziva Meditation website
- Emily Fletcher’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- Emily’s Ziva Meditation Courses
- Emily’s book, Stress Less, Accomplish More
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 092: Vivica Menegaz – Ayahuasca, MDMA, and Plant-Based Medicines for Healing Trauma
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 062: Dr. Anthony Gustin – My Daily Routines, Improving Mental Health, Exogenous Ketones and Stomach Upsets, Fiber Intake, and What I Wish I Knew Sooner
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 070: Mike Mutzel – The Five Pillars of Health, Tips for Better Sleep, Meal Timing on Circadian Rhythm, Backyard Farming, and How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
- How to Stay Healthy During Social Distancing (Physically and Mentally)
- 8 Science-Backed Steps to Habit Change