What food should you pack if you’re going camping in a tent for a few days and want to stay in ketosis?
Do artificial sweeteners, stevia, or monk fruit cause your insulin to spike? And do the latter two cause inflammation too?
Should you check your blood sugar even if you’re healthy?
Questions like these come up all the time and I love when they do.
That’s why I sat down with Chris Irvin, The Ketologist, and our Head of Education, for our fifth Q&A to help answer these questions and so much more.
In the episode, we dive into a lot of topics surrounding blood sugar, including what keto foods caused my blood sugar to spike and what didn’t, and how exercise affects your blood sugar.If you don’t eat carbs around your workout, and you see your blood sugar spike, your body is handling it. So don’t freak out about that. Click To Tweet
We’ll also share a sneak peek at our upcoming chocolate-centered products and what our VIP customers think of them.
I also chat more about my results using a continuous glucose monitor and my thoughts on why everyone should use one.
On top of that, you’ll discover the one snack that I can’t believe is marketed as keto-friendly — you’ve probably tried it before — and why I think it should be illegal to sell it with that kind of labeling.
Here’s a brief overview of what else Chris and I get into:
- What Chris and I would pack if we were camping in a tent for three days while maintaining ketosis
- Do artificial sweeteners cause your insulin to spike?
- Do the sweeteners in the Perfect Keto products spike blood sugar levels?
- More about stevia and monk fruit and what makes sweeteners made from these natural sources different
- Will consuming stevia and monk fruit lead to inflammation?
- Are there any snack brands aside from Perfect Keto that I’ve personally tested that won’t spike insulin?
- More about keto cookies, jerky, ice cream, chocolate, and other low-carb snacks I’ve tested
- The shocking truth behind Smart Sweets
- The difference between beef sticks and beef jerky and the one that you should reach for if you have the option
- How to cut down sugar when choosing from jerky options
- Do you need to check your blood sugar if you’re healthy?
- I’ll also share a product update from our VIP customers who tasted our chocolate covered almonds, macadamia nuts, and trail mix
- You’ll also hear more about other Perfect Keto products we’re tackling at the moment
- What my blood sugar spiked to when I ate Magic Spoon keto cereal
- Chris also discusses allulose
- I’ll also dive more into continuous glucose monitors and my thoughts on the Dexcom G6 and the FreestyleLibre
- When blood glucose jumps, do you notice changes in how you feel?
- How do different exercises impact blood glucose?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Anthony Gustin’s YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Chris Irvin’s YouTube channel, The Ketologist
- Keto Bars
- Nut Butter Packets
- Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor
- FreestyleLibre continuous glucose monitor
- 4505 Pork Rinds
- The Best Keto Travel Snacks: 14 Low-Carb Snacks To Banish Hunger
- Monk Fruit: Everything You Need to Know About the Zero-Calorie Sweetener
- Is Stevia Keto? What The Science Says
- The Top Four Sweeteners for a Low-Carb Keto Diet
- Is Sugar Low Carb Friendly? Sugar & Artificial Sweeteners on Keto
- Why You Need To Keep Blood Sugar Low: A Research-Backed Answer
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 041: Dr. Anthony Gustin – The Link Between Blood Sugar Levels & Chronic Diseases + My Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Results
- What Are Sugar Alcohols and Are They Good For Your Keto Diet?
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 043: Dr. Peter Attia – How to Increase Longevity & Improve Your Quality of Life
- What’s The Best Low Carb Protein Bar? 4 Popular Bars Ranked