Hormonal imbalances affect millions of women in North America, and there’s a simple fix for many of these issues. That simple fix lies within what you’re fuelling your body with.
This is something today’s guest, Leanne Vogel, discovered when she stumbled across the ketogenic diet. This lifestyle change ended her 8-year struggle with amenorrhea (missing period), hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction and ultra-low hormones.
Leanne Vogel is one of the biggest keto influencers online today. With 120,000+ YouTube subscribers, and her own podcast ranking #3 in fitness & nutrition and #10 in all health podcasts on iTunes in the US and Canada, she’s a keto machine.
She also happens to be one of the biggest ambassadors of Perfect Keto, which she uses and loves, so I was excited to get to sit down and chat with her about her journey on keto and all of the ways she’s tweaked and refined the diet to suit her body over the past few years.
In this episode, we go over:
- Hormonal imbalances in women and how the ketogenic diet can treat them
- Testing and tweaking your diet to diagnose any issues and refine what works for you
- Why eating a vegan may not be the best way of eating
- Eating healthfully and counting calories on the ketogenic diet
- Stress and getting your body into ketosis.
- Intermittent fasting on keto, testing ketone levels, carb-ups, and weight loss.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Leanne’s blog, Healthfulpursuit.com
- Leanne’s book, The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High Fat Diet
- Perfect Keto Base Exogenous Ketones
- The Keto Diet Podcast Ep. #048: Overcoming Amenorrhea on Keto
- The Keto Diet Podcast Ep. #042: Optimizing Your Menstrual Cycle on Keto
- Keto Calculator: The Easy Ketogenic Macro Calculator
- Why Ketosis Isn’t Healthy
- How I Fixed The Biggest Ketosis Mistakes
- How Much Protein Can You Eat on a Ketogenic Diet?
- No, Ketosis Does Not Ruin Women’s Hormones.