I’m excited to bring today’s guest, Kelly LeVeque, a best-selling author and holistic nutritionist, on the show.
Kelly is well-known for the work she does with celebrities like Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, Molly Sims, Chelsea Handler, Emmy Rossum, and so many more.
For these A-list clients, Kelly helps them get into shape for roles in a healthy, sustainable way.
But that’s not all she’s up to.
She’s also authored two best-selling books, Body Love and Body Love Every Day, which brings her simple framework to everyday readers just like you.
What I really love about Kelly’s approach is that she takes complex science-based nutrition topics and simplifies them in a way that anyone can understand them and apply them to their everyday lives.
So you’ll learn about her simple Fab Four framework and how this helps manage blood sugar, improve satiety, and keeps people looking and feeling their best.
Kelly also discusses her simple recipe for creating a Fab Four smoothie, why it’s crucial to manage blood sugar levels, understanding net carbs, and so much more.The deeper the color your vegetables are, think of that as a scale for nutrient density. Click To Tweet
Kelly is also a mom who runs a thriving holistic nutrition practice so she understands what it means to live a busy life while still trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
That’s why she’s sharing her simple frameworks in this episode so anyone can start making healthy habits stick no matter how crazy their schedule is.
And that’s exactly what you’ll learn in this episode.
Kelly and I also dive into other important areas of health, such as movement and eliminating household chemicals, and how you can weave these practices in without overhauling your entire life.
So if you’re looking for simple frameworks you can use everyday to live a healthier life, Kelly has you covered in this episode.
To give you some more background on Kelly, she grew up a “Costco kid” who ran on a mix of healthy meals prepared by her mom and store-bought junk food like animal crackers and donuts.
But, at an early age, she quickly became health-obsessed and couldn’t wait to spend every second reading more about nutrition and how this affects the body.
It was through this desire that she started her path towards holistic nutrition, which you’ll hear more about in this episode.
On top of everything mentioned earlier, Kelly also holds a 200 Hr Yoga Instructor certification and she’s an NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the topics Kelly and I get into:
- The importance of building sustainable habits
- How you break your fast matters
- Kelly’s background and how she grew up a “Costco kid” to now becoming a top holistic nutritionist
- Why it’s a good idea to transition to less harmful versions of your favorite foods
- The problem with going cold turkey and restriction when removing junk food from your diet and what to do instead
- Why education is the key to success with changing food and exercise habits
- How you start your day matters
- Kelly also shares a simple technique of using emojis to understand the blood sugar load foods give you
- What to eat to support blood sugar and satiety
- Why you should understand net carbs
- She also shares her Fab Four framework, including what that is and why it works so well
- Why she prioritizes protein
- How the color of your veggies affects nutrient density
- Why Kelly is not afraid of red meat and why she promotes eating it
- What to do if digestive issues are a problem for you
- You’ll also hear more about her Fab Four smoothies
- Why it’s better to focus on real foods than hard rules
- Why Kelly believes in focusing on nutrition first, movement second, and household chemicals third
- Easy household swaps to remove unnecessary chemicals from your home
Mentioned in This Episode
- Kelly LeVeque’s website
- Kelly LeVeque’s Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- Kelly LeVeque’s first best-selling book, Body Love: Live in Balance, Weigh What You Want, and Free Yourself from Food Drama Forever
- Kelly LeVeque’s second book, Body Love Every Day: Choose Your Life-Changing 21-Day Path to Food Freedom (The Body Love Series)
- Think Dirty App
- EWG’s Healthy Living App
- High-Fiber, Low-Carb Foods for Your Keto Diet
- Protein and Ketosis: Is Too Much Protein Keto-Friendly?
- Healthy Fat Foods: Which Fats to Eat (And Avoid) on Keto
- 10 Most Nutrient-Dense Foods (Yes, They’re Keto!)
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 067: Dr. Anthony Gustin – (Q&A #5) – Camping on Keto, Low-Carb Snacks That Won’t Raise Blood Sugar, Exercise and Blood Sugar, and Why You Should Track Your Blood Sugar