Want to see other super easy salad recipes? Follow me on Instagram!
Summer time is almost over, so here is a recipe to bring to your next cookout, or to make ahead of time for meal prep on Sundays. Here we have brussel sprout salad with dijon mustard vinaigrette.
Brussel sprouts are not thought of as a salad addition, but times are changing. The thing is these guys are basically mini cabbages, but have a little more flavor! It also doesn’t hurt that they’re packed with micronutrients. The dijon vinaigrette is an excellent tangy addition that tastes like a fancy French dish when paired with the tarragon.
The veggies can be scaled up and chopped in bulk and then the dressing made and stored in a glass jar. Grill up a bunch of chicken and you have yourself lunch prepped for the week! Planning ahead of time is one of the biggest ways to ensure success in eating healthy.
Very easy and very tasty side for any meal. Brussel sprouts aren’t typically thought of as a salad ingredient, but this brussel sprout salad is amazing. Try it out! Did you make any modifications?
Here’s how to make it:
Cook Time: 0m
- 20 brussel sprouts, sliced thin
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- black pepper
- Slice the brussel sprouts very thin and about 3/4 the way to the stem. Don’t toss these! You can steam or braise these later for a nice little side. Add to bowl. Half the cherry tomatoes. Add to bowl.
- In a blender, combine the rest of the ingredients. Add the tarragon, olive oil, mustard, splash apple cider vinegar. Pulse until a smooth and creamy consistency. Add to bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together with tongs and serve chilled.