Dr. Latt Mansor is the Research Lead at H.V.M.N., an exogenous ketone supplement company, and his work focuses on finding the optimal ketone levels for a number of different applications.
From soldiers experiencing hypoxia to athletes and the everyday average Joe, Dr. Mansor has studied ketones in-depth and he’s uncovered the best ways to use them, according to research.
He’s really pushing the science forward on ketones and it’s amazing to see.
In this episode, Dr. Mansor dives into how to maximize performance using exogenous ketones, the differences between the types of exogenous ketones, what the latest research shows, if this has changed at all, and so much more.
Dr. Mansor also discusses how to dose ketones based on your health goals, whether you can supplement with exogenous ketones if you’re not eating a low carb diet, is there a case where some people shouldn’t take them, and how he personally uses them throughout his day.Because of the research that’s coming out on performance, the general consensus is to reach 1.5 to 2 mmol — if not higher — to get the benefit of performance. Click To Tweet
If you don’t know Dr. Latt Mansor, he brings over a decade of experience in academic research, health technology, and pharmaceuticals.
He holds a PhD in Physiology, Anatomy, and Genetics from the University of Oxford, where his research focused on the metabolism of the type 2 diabetic heart in hypoxia.
He also holds a Master’s from Columbia University and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Nottingham in Biotechnology. Dr. Mansor is also a world expert in physiology and metabolism and he consults with elite sport and military personnel as well as clinical and research organizations.
As H.V.M.N.’s Research Lead, Dr. Mansor oversees the development and clinical applications for all of their products, including their powerful ketone supplement drink Ketone-IQ (TM).
When you tune in, you’ll hear about the following topics:
- Dr. Latt Mansor’s background and professional training and how he found himself in this space
- Whether there were any surprises that popped up in his research on diabetes
- The differences between ketone salts, ketone esters, and H.V.M.N.
- What are the benefits of H.V.M.N.?
- What’s changed in the research over the last two years
- Other use cases for exogenous ketones
- When it comes to physical performance, is it better to have dual fuel with high carbs and high ketones?
- If you’re fasting, do exogenous ketones prevent fat burning?
- What to know about reaching autophagy while using exogenous ketones
- Are exogenous ketones a bad idea for some people?
- How Dr. Mansor personally uses exogenous ketones
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Latt Mansor’s Instagram and Twitter
- H.V.M.N. Ketone-IQ (TM)
- H.V.M.N.’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channel
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 155: Dr. James DiNicolantonio – Improving Athletic Performance, Bioavailability of Food, Improving the Nutrient Density of Meat, Three Foods to Remove From Your Diet, and More
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 131: Dave Asprey – Fasting Hacks and How to Take an Individualized Approach
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 106: Todd White – Biohacking for Longevity and Disease Prevention and Why Most Wines Are Terrible for You Except This One