In this episode, co-author of Keto Answers and The Ketologist, Chris Irvin and I attempted to do a Q&A style episode where we source questions to answer from our listeners.
We did make it to a few questions later in the episode but, for the most part, Chris and I dive into a wide-range of topics and chat about our latest updates.
So we discuss our observations on social media, tech, and mental health, how Chris is navigating fatherhood while staying healthy, and what we’re currently tweaking when it comes to our own health.
I also share an update on how farm life is going, my experience sending my first batch of pigs for processing and nutrient testing, the differences between grass-fed and grain-fed animals, and the types of therapies I’m currently experimenting with.We’re kind of in this continuous experiment with technology — we get introduced to these new, awesome things but then we have to be the ones to figure out the good and bad parts of it that are killing our health. Click To Tweet
If this is your first time meeting Chris Irvin, he’s an author, nutrition science researcher, Head of Education at Perfect Keto, and The Ketologist.
He holds a Master’s degree in exercise and nutrition science and he spent his time in graduate school studying the keto diet for therapeutic applications and performance.
Chris is also the father to a now one-year-old son and he comes on the show to share his experience navigating fatherhood and health in this episode.
Here’s a breakdown of everything we get into:
- How farm life is going, including my experience chasing a pig and getting covered in hundreds of fire ants
- My experience getting my first batch of pigs ready for processing and nutrient testing
- The nutrient differences between grass-fed and grain-fed animals
- The differences in saturated fats between grass-fed and grain-fed animals
- The current issues with social media
- What Chris and I are most interested in when it comes to health lately
- Some use cases where the Metaverse could be really helpful
- How technology can be both useful and detrimental to our health and what you can do to protect yourself
- What Chris Irvin and I are currently toying with when it comes to our health
- The type of therapies I’m currently undergoing
- How I keep track of the progress of my healthy habits
- Our thoughts on mental health and what we can do to improve it
Mentioned in This Episode
- Chris Irvin’s website
- Chris Irvin’s Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 158: Dr. Stephan van Vliet – Comparing the Nutrient Density of Grass-Fed vs. Grain-Fed Meat
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 152: Jake Muise – How This Nutrient-Dense Meat is Responsibly Sourced
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 134: Dr. Paul Saladino – What We Learned from One of the Last Hunter-Gatherer Tribes
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 146: Christopher Ryan – Are We Really Better Off Than Previous Generations?
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 140: Tim Grover – What It Takes to Win in Life
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 129: Steven Kotler – Achieving Flow State and The Science Behind It
- The Natural State Podcast Episode 142: Chris Duffin – How to Strengthen Your Mind, Body, Relationships, and More