If you’re a regular listener of this podcast — by the way, thanks!, you’ve probably heard us talk about the connection ketosis has with cancer treatment.
We had Miriam Kalamian bravely share her story about how she used a keto diet therapeutically to help with her son’s brain tumor.
We also had Dr. Thomas Seyfried on the show to talk about how cancer is a metabolic disease — he literally wrote the book on it — and how fasting and ketosis can help combat it.
In today’s episode, we’re giving you a different perspective on the subject.
Joining me is my guest Dr. Angela Poff, a leading keto researcher based out of the University of South Florida.
As you’ll learn about in the episode, Dr. Poff has worked with Dr. Dominic D’Agostino, another leading researcher at USF, for almost 10 years now.
Along with their team of researchers, they’re determined to study therapeutic ketosis and cancer metabolism, along with other conditions such as seizures and neurodegenerative diseases.
Dr. Poff shares everything they’ve learned along this research journey in today’s episode.Nutrition is one of the main stimuli that your body receives and it tells your internal systems a lot about the outside world. Click To Tweet
And, to give you a bit more background on Dr. Angela Poff, she holds a Ph. D in Medical Sciences from the University of South Florida, where she’s been researching for almost a decade now.
You’ll hear more about that and these topics when you tune in:
- Dr. Poff’s background, including what got her interested in this area of study and what she’s currently working on
- The big takeaways she’s learned over the years
- What her day-to-day nutrition looks like
- How she modifies keto now that she’s pregnant
- What the studies are showing when it comes to using ketosis therapeutically
- The cumulative shift she’s seen over the last 5-7 years
- What happens when ketosis is used in several cancer models
- Is there a difference between the signaling potential of endogenous versus exogenous ketones?
- Dr. Poff also shares what she’s working on day-to-day and her latest line of research
- You’ll also hear about her personal goal when it comes to studying ketosis and how it affects cancer metabolism
- How ketones seem to enhance radiation therapy efficacy in brain tumors
- Dr. Poff also dives into the Metabolic Health Summit, including what that is, their mission, and how you can help
- The future of the Metabolic Health Summit
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the Keto Answers Podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates. Use Android? Click here to subscribe on Stitcher and here to subscribe on Google Play Music.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Dr. Angela Poff’s website
- Dr. Angela Poff’s Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channel
- More about the Metabolic Health Summit (MHS)
- Contact information for the MHS: [email protected]
- The Charlie Foundation
- MaxLove Project
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 066: Thomas Seyfried – Upending Traditional CancerTreatment with Ketosis, Fasting, and Hyperbaric Oxygen
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 065: Miriam Kalamian – Keto for Cancer: Plus Fasting, Protein Intake, and The Number One Thing You Can Do Today, Even if You’re Healthy
- The Keto Answers Podcast Episode 054: Josh Axe – Nutritional Principles from Chinese Medicine, Keto for Cancer, CBD, and 3 Missing Ingredients in Most Diets
- Ketosis for Cancer Treatment
- What Are Ketones?
- What Are Exogenous Ketones: When And How To Supplement With Ketones