Want to see what other sides I am munching on? Follow me on Instagram for all the insider details.
Is there such thing as paleo coleslaw? Well, of course! Most coleslaws are made with disgusting inclusion of mayo. Not this one. Here’s a nice little paleo coleslaw side that is easy to whip up in a matter of minutes. Perfect addition for the side of any meals or even under a serving of meat.
Be prepared to eat massive amounts of this coleslaw after you make it. It doesn’t get boring either. You can always play around with adding seasonings (cumin, cayenne pepper, arbol chiles) and mix it up each time to you make it!
I want to see you make this! If you do, tag me with @dranthonygustin and #cooklikeag so I can see your skills in the kitchen.
Here’s how to make it:
Cook Time: 0m
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt to taste
- Chop all of the ingredients. Typically the thinner you chop these items, the more satisfying this dish will be. Get a sharp knife and be careful not to cut yourself!
- Toss in the liquids. Start with less and move up from there. After everything is fully covered, go ahead and salt the paleo coleslaw.